Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hummingbird Heaven

 We have a covered deck on the back of our house.  It is one of our favorite places to spend our free time.  The deck is one of the first places the kids look if they can't find me!  We hung a hummingbird feeder on the back deck this summer and it has brought us so much joy.  The hummingbirds found it within a day or two.  First two adults came and then two babies! They feed all day long on the sugary water we have prepared for them.  We've read that they need this sweet substance to give them energy to fly around and eat bugs (actually my husband did the reading and I'm just acting like I did). I didn't know that these amazing birds eat bugs but I am so glad that they do!

Every time the hummingbirds come to our feeder I feel like we are receiving a special treat from Mother Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment