Monday, November 14, 2011

52 necklaces in 52 weeks

I was recently talking to my mom about how I'm always saving craft and jewelry ideas but I never make them.  I buy jewelry magazines and then I don't make the necklaces because I don't know a certain technique or I'm not familiar with some of the supplies.

Later that same evening I was watching the movie Julie and Julia.
Photo courtesy of Google

In the movie a blogger named Julie aspires to cook all 524 recipes in Julia Child's cookbook in 365 days.  It is based on a book by Julie Powell. Now there is no way I am making 524 necklaces in 365 days..........but I do think it would be fun to make one new necklace style a week. So we will have....

52 Necklaces in 52 Weeks!!

Now these necklaces will not be something I have ever made before.  They will have some element that is new to me.  Whether it be a style, material or design element.

The goal is to have some fun while making something pretty and learning some new techniques. Let me know what you think of the new styles over the next 52 weeks :)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool...love the idea...can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea and very doable!

    ReplyDelete