Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Card Recycle

I love the tradition of sending and receiving Christmas cards each year.  When the season is over I find it such a shame to just throw them out.  This year I decided to recycle the cards I received in a couple of different ways.

First I made Christmas tags for next year.  I hate paying full price for wrapping supplies.  This year when I went to wrap presents I didn't have any tags so I had to run out and pay full price. So annoying! So I prepared some tags for next year by cutting the fronts of the Christmas cards to approximately 2 x3, punching a hole in the top and adding some ribbon. Now I'm all ready for next year and I won't have to run out to CVS!

The next thing I did with some of the cards that we had received was something that I had read about in our local newspaper: Project CARD ONE. This project sends holiday cards to our servicemen overseas. They accept new and used holiday cards. If sending used cards, tear off the decorative front to create a postcard, then either write a personal message to a service member or leave blank. Cards may be mailed to Project CARD ONE, MLO P.O. Box 68, Greenwood Lake 10925.

Do you do anything special with the cards you receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment