Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Stone Chip Bracelet

I have made this style bracelet before with pearls and crystals but I decided to use stone chips this time because it is for someone I work with who likes earthy tones. This bracelet is fun to make and works up quickly.



One of the greatest things about this project is that there are not a lot of supplies.



Materials:
6 silver bead tips
#6 silk thread
1 multi strand clasp
stone chips ( I used about 110 chips)
pliers

First, tie a knot onto the end of your silk thread and string your bead tip up close to the knot. The little hook of the bead tip should be facing the end of the thread.  Make one more knot onto the other side of the bead tip to secure it. Next, string enough stone chips onto the thread to make a five inch length. ( I went with five inches because the person I was making it for has very small wrists.  My clasp added on two inches, not including the extender chain. ) Knot your thread at the end of the strand and add your second bead tip. Knot to secure.

Repeat this process two more times, giving you three completed strands.  Hook each strand onto the three strand clasp and then attach to the other coordinating side. Enjoy your new bracelet!

No comments:

Post a Comment