Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Happy New Beginnings! As we embark on 2013 let's think about all of the potential a new year brings. I especially want to think about all of the good we can bring to others through positive energy. Do you work with someone who is always miserable? Do you see people in the grocery store who look like they hate every moment of that chore? How does it make you feel to be around those people? I know it makes me feel down and cranky. I could be in a great mood but being around a Negative Nellie can take the wind right out of my sails.

Of course everyone has a bad day. Of course everyone tends to feel down, especially during these grey winter months. It's natural. But do we need to share this with the whole world? Confide in a dear friend, your mother, your sister.....then smile.....and be thankful that you have someone to talk to.

I don't want to be the person who brings everyone down. I know that when I come home from work in a bad mood and start yelling it affects the whole household.

So in this new year let's remember to be a positive force, not the Negative Nellie. 

Oh....and remember to SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment