Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Year Vintage Postcards


I love vintage postcards and wanted to share some with you that celebrate New Years.

This one reads "My dear Eva, My best wishes for your success and happiness for 1912. 
With Love, Mary"

( I love birds on old postcards)

This one is postmarked 1909 and reads " Come out some night as I haven't hardly had time to come and see you lately though I will soon. Wishing you a Happy New Year. Your Friend, Bev" The recipient was Clara.

We complain about how hard it is to find time to see our friends with all we have to do today. Can you imagine how difficult it was for friends to get together 100 years ago? Laundry alone must have taken forever! 

What I love about both of these cards is that one girlfriend was sending it to another to keep in touch.  They are the original facebook! Women need their mothers, sisters, and girlfriends to connect with.  That's how it was 100 years ago and I have no doubt it will be the same in the next 100!  

No comments:

Post a Comment